Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

tacoma: my oil myself with synthetic..that light doesnt come on…

Customer Question
I have my third tacoma...
I have my third tacoma and I love it..but I just changed my oil myself with synthetic and the maintenance light is blinking...do I need to do reset something so that light doesnt come on?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/17/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Toyotapro, ASE master tech replied 8 years ago
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Hello and thank you for using just answer!
That light will come on every 5000 miles and has to be reset.
Put the trip odometer on A mode, tuen key off, push and hold the reset/toggle button for the trip odometer and while holding it in turn the key to ON. This will reset in 10 seconds. If that does not work then you have to do this same procedure but have the odometer displayed not trip A.