Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

This a question about Toyota car

Customer Question
This a question about Toyota car
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/13/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Dj, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
What is the question?
I was talking with ToyotaTom last night. The window switch on the right back seat side maybe problematic, he was suggesting to swap this witch with the one one left side, my question is are they really exchangable? any polarity concern?
Hi DJ
could you reply to my previous question? Here again with more
(1) Are those 2 window switches interchangable? I mean pull out any one of them into the other switch?
(2) is the passenger front window switch wired the same way as the rear seat window? I mean the wire colors with respect to their function?
(3)I have rolled up the rear window by shorting Yellow-Black wires and grounding the Green one.How to roll them down by the shorting/grounding trick?
(4)In your opinion, what is the real issue? switch, or master switch?

The switches are interchangeable.

If you can get the window to roll up, you should be able to get it to roll down by reversing the wires that you used to roll it up.

If the motor works in one direction, odds are that it will work in the other direction. So I would bet on the switch. But swapping them side to side will confirm that it's the switch.

Dj