Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I want to know whether to flush my transmisssion by 20 qt. or up 14 qt

Customer Question

I want to know whether to flush my transmisssion by 20 qt. or up 14 qt. depending on certain machanics.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 8 years ago.
Hello JACUSTOMER, are you wondering how much fluid is needed to properly flush this transmission?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

My 2003 Totota Corolla transmission needs flushing and tune up, so I ask for quotes to get the best price. One machanic shop said he uses 20 quarts of fluid to flush the transmission real good and Jiffy Lube said they use up to 15 quarts of fluid. Iim not sure which to use since the 20 quart flush cost $220 and the 14 quart flush cost me $149.99. Which do I choose?

Expert:  Fixitman replied 8 years ago.
Okay. You will get a good flush with the 14 quart flush. There is no reason to spend the extra money on the other flush.