Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

1998 Toyota Avalon: check engine light..on on the scanner..P0135

Customer Question
1998 Toyota Avalon (check engine...
1998 Toyota Avalon (check engine light)

First, P1410 came up on on the scanner. Then, a second one, P0135 was read. A day later, P0124, and then today, a fourth, P1411. Do I have a computer problem, or are all of these sensors going out at the same time?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/6/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Toyotapro, ASE master tech replied 7 years ago
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

You said 1410 came up first....how long ago was this? or did all these come on within 1 drive cycle? What I am trying to determine here is if you had a longstanding issue that you ignored and now have several issues or if these all came on at the same time...

The P1410 came up first about a week ago My college son drives it. I had to drive about 100 miles to pick up the vehicle and get it worked on in my city. The other codes came on the last couple of days, one after the other. The car is driving normally, the gas mileage is about the same, the coolant level is good and the coolant fairly new (13,000 miles).

P1410 and P1411 are related, you need a complete new EGR valve with the sensor built on, not a bad repair or to costly as long as you use FACTORY brand parts you shouldn't have any issues.

P0135- cmpletely seperate issue, the heater in the o2 sensor that is located on the exhaust manifold at the back side has failed, you need a nee sensor there, the P0124 you listed is not a valid code #, I think you meant P0125 which sets because of the 0135 code.

Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Toyotapro
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech