Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

99 toyota avalon: blown head gasket..bubbling..car runs fine, no

Customer Question

my 99 toyota avalon with 152k has a blown head gasket per the dealer and others.the evidence is that the cooant was bubbling and some has been lost from the overflow.. car runs fine, no over heating. i'm told the exhaust if forceing the coolant out. the car is in great shape and i'd sell it but must fix the problem inexpensively. a shop tried aluma seal added to the coolant. is there another way other than pulling the heads etc which i can't afford?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is no permanent fix for this without replacing the head gasket, but BG products makes an organic sealer, that will not harden until it hits air, so it wont clog up the rest of the cooling system, this can temporarily fix the head gasket, but it will return eventually, it is by no means a permanent fix, the product id BG cooling system sealer, it is available at Napa and most other parts houses,Tim
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: this is not new info to me.
this is not new info to me
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
what do you need to know?