Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

Toyota Sequoia: misfire..Cylinders 2,4,6,8 are not firing

I have misfire problem with my Toyota Sequoia. Cylinders 2,4,6,8 are not firing. 1,3,5,7 is working fine. Checked and switched coils and still come up with the same issue. Switched an injector and still the same issue. What will cause the misfire on cylinders 2,4,6, and 8?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

Are you a shop for private individual? Just to make sure that you are aware the even numbered cylinders are on the passenger side or passenger bank. This being said have you run a compression test on the passenger side cylinders? How many miles are on the vehicle? have you checked for intake leaks or has there ever been any other malfunction codes set other than the misfire codes?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am a private owner. Compression check has been completed. 212000 plus miles on vehicle. I do have a O2 Sensor issue and I will replace them tomorrow but would this cause a misfire on those cylinders on the passenger side?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.

Skyvisions is offline right now.

Yes if you have a known issue with a o2 sensor or air fuel ratio sensor on bank 2 then this can definately cause a misfire across that bank of the engine, those are primary sensors that control air fuel mixture as well.

Once this is addressed if you still have an issue I would check the timing belt position on this side of the engine, it is possible that the timing belt could have jumped one tooth to cause the timing to be thrown off on this side.

Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have replaced the O2 Sensors and I still have the problem with cylinders 2,4,6,8 misfiring.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In addition, I have replaced two of the injectors, plugs, switched coils, tested spark plugs out of the cylinder and still come up witht he same result, misfire on cylinders, 2,4,6,8. Can anyone help?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.
Check the timing belt position as I noted in my original answer.