Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

Toyota Corolla: The inside door handle..driver side..slip..mechanism

I have a Toyota Corolla 2001. The inside door handle on the driver side has either broken or come out of the slot or whatever. Do I need to take it to a mechanic or is it something I can just unscrew and slip the mechanism back into place or does the whole mechanism need to be replaced.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

This is a common issue and complaint on your car, the handle comes apart where it hinges and is spring loaded, you will need a new interior door handle installed here, the part has to be ordered from the dealer and labor is typically a half hour labor to install this new part, you are looking at a repair around $100 for this, any mechanic can instal this but since the part has to come from a dealer you may consider having them install this while you are there, the door panel has to come off to install this and the delaer has a much reduced risk of damaging this door panel then anyone else as they are the most familiar with your car.