Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How do I turn off my airbag light in my 2005 Toyota Camry LE

Customer Question
4cyl??...
How do I turn off my airbag light in my 2005 Toyota Camry LE 4cyl??
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/31/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Max Bernd, Toyota Master Diagnostic Tech replied 7 years ago
Max Bernd
Max Bernd, Toyota Master Diagnostic Tech
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The light will not shut off if the system detects a problem. The most likely cause - due to the accident - is the occupant detection system needs to be recalibrated. Very common after an accident. One needs a scan tool with Techstream to do this. A trip to the dealer I am afraid.

The dealer would not touch the vehicle because I did not have the car professionally repaired, it was a liability issue. Unfortuantely I do not know anybody that works for a dealer either.

You are correct, I just figured out how to manually read the codes (I do not have a scan tool) and i'm getting 2 different codes. 31 & 73

B1000 31 Air Bag Sensor Assembly Center

B1100 31 Air Bag Sensor Assembly Center

B1900 73 Short In Left-hand PR Airbag - Circuit

B1901 73 Open In Left-hand P/T Airbag - Circuit

B1902 73 Short To Ground - In Left-hand PIT Airbag - Circuit

B1903 73 Short To Battery Power (12 volts) In Left-hand PR Airbag - Circuit

Any chance you could describe to me in detail how to go about fixing these codes? Note: Front airbags did not deploy. The front driver's side pretensioner did deploy locking the seat belt, but I replaced that using new parts from toyota to the tune of $250.00. Also, the front rad support sensors were replaced as well. Any help appreciated in deciphering what those codes mean and how to go about fixing them.

Code 31 is the expensive one and might fix both codes. You need the airbag computer replaced (center sensor).
Are you able to possibly get a part number for me and tell me a list price for the module?
First thing tomorrow. Please post your vin

Edited by Max Bernd on 1/31/2010 at 8:53 PM EST
Max Bernd

That will not be necessary, I was hoping that you had access to dealer list prices immediately. I will contact my dealer tomorrow with the VIN and get the part. I'm hoping this is all that I will need. I am accepting your response, I appreciate your time very much.

Thank you! [email protected] direct email

Max Bernd
Max Bernd