Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How do i open the trunk from inside the cabin of a 2010 toyota prius?

Customer Question
how do i open the trunk from inside the cabin of a 2010 toyota prius?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/30/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Toyotapro, ASE master tech replied 7 years ago
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech

Thank you for using just answer.

What seems to be the issue on the car?

Is the rear hatch jammed?

i dont know where the release lever or button is located and my luggage is stuck

Ok, the rear door is intended to only be opened by the remote (if you have the power door option) or by pulling the handle.

Take a look at the owners manual on page 73 also, there is an override handle that you can access from inside if you pop the cover off at the ventr bottom of the door to "manually" release the door:

graphic

If your luggage jammed in the door jamb and is holding this door closed then you will need an assistant to push and pull on the door while you pull this lever to unstick the door.

where is the ventr bottom of the door in the trunk or at the back door?
Sorry for the typo, I meant the VERY BOTTOM of the door, this picture I posted you is on the INSIDE of the door
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Toyotapro
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech