Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2002 toyota camry intake manifold removal

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/10/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Toyotapro, ASE master tech replied 8 years ago
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech

Thank you for using just answer.

Can I ask why you need to remove this intake manifold? Reason I ask is depending on what you are doing here I may be able to save you some time and efforts....

replacing valve cover gaskets seemsd like i need to for the rear one

You are correct, I see this exact same question a lot but the customer is usually trying to replace spark plugs so I just wanted to be sure you are not trying to access the spark plugs.

The intake is not too bad on this car, once you remove the tube that runs to the intake from the air filter there are just 3 brackets on the back side of the intake that hold it in place, the pipe that runs from EGR valve to the exhaust manifold needs to be removed as well as a few bolts that hold the intake down.

Do be careful because there is a ground wire bolted to the back side of the intake using a 10mm bolt, be sure to locate and remove this before lifting up on the intake.

graphic

Edited by Peter on 1/11/2010 at 4:36 AM EST
Toyotapro
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech