Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

the clock on my car is not working

Customer Question
?...
the clock on my car is not working ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/5/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

What you're going to find is that the 15 amp CIG fuse which is located behind the coin box on the driver side is blown. This provides the memory accessory voltage to the clock and also the cigarette lighter. Make sure there is nothing stuck in the element of the cigarette lighter assembly then replace the fuse and you should be good to go. Let me know what you find.

Skyvisions

i replaced the fuse still not working.

Do you have 12 V to the cigarette lighter? If you insert the cigarette lighter element does it glow or if you have a phone accessory and plug it in does the light come on and does your phone charge?

Skyvisions

thank you now it is working but when i insert the phone accessory the fuse blown up

Look very carefully down into the socket and make sure nothing is down in there. If everything looks normal then there must be something shorted in your phone cord accessory. Sometimes things get dropped or fall off the end of the adapter for your phone cord and shorts between the insert and a power source. If someone else has another phone cord to try you can do that.

Skyvisions

Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician