Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

The sunroof of my 2003 toyota sequoia is stuck open. When

Customer Question

The sunroof of my 2003 toyota sequoia is stuck open. When the button is pushed it goes forward to close very slowly and then goes all the way open again. Do you have any advice on how to fix it at home or at least get it closed?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

About the only way you're going to get this to go closed is to remove the drive motor. If you remove the inner trim ring from the headliner and pull down on the headliner it will expose the drive motor that bolts to the sunroof tracks. There are 2 - 10 mm bolts that if you loosen up and pull the motor down it will disengage from the drive gear and allow you to slide the sunroof closed manually by hand. If the tracks are damaged or the cables are frozen in the tracks you will not be able to get disclosed but at least by disengaging the drive motor from the cable you have a chance of getting it closed.

Skyvisions