Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

1995 camry: hesitates..o2..fuel injectors, vac, compresson any ideas

I have a 1995 camry...
I have a 1995 camry with 2.2liter it hesitates when accelerates changed O2 checked fuel pressure and fuel injectors, vac, compresson any ideas?
11/13/2009
mike c
mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician

hello.

is there a check engine light on?

how many miles are on the car?

will the engine hesitate if you give it gas in park or neutral?

the car has 130,000 it does hesitate in park, it did have a code of 25 and 26 but that has been erased.

does it hesitiate all the time ? or worse warm or cold engine?

any prior work or anything leading up to this probelm?

if i accelerate hard it hesitates, if i go easy it seems fine, after 2500 rpms it seems fine. it does it all the time if i accelerate hard

1. when you checked the fuel pressure what was the reading ? and did you test the pressure under load when it was hesitating?

2. have you physically inspected the spark plugs wires and igniton coil? checked for burn marks or cracks in the coil?

it read a constant 38 to 40lbs the plugs and wires cap and coil are fairly new they looked good and the restance of the wires are in spec i did replace the coil a few months back because the engine did'nt run. i did run a resistance check on it and it is in spec. The plugs did look like they were running rich.

ok. the other things to check would be the ignition timing, the coolant temperature switch for the engine control computer, and then the map sensor.

you didnt say if there was any work prior to this happening? when was the last timing belt replacement?you may want to check the cam timing also.

I will check these, the igntion timing is ok If these are not the problems can get in touch with you again.
yes just reply to this post.
mike c
mike c
mike c