Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How to replace a head gasket, 1992 Camry LE, 4 cylindar

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
11/4/2009
Toyota Mechanic: mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician replied 8 years ago
mike c
mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician

hello.

are you just looking for instructions on how to remove and replace the cylinder head?

or do you have a specific question ?

Yes, as long as that will allow me then replace the head gasket and any other necessary seals.

ok.if you go to the link below you can sign up for a 2 day pass and download all the directions and diagrams from the toyota service manual for your car.i think a 2 day pass is 15.00 if you have further questions on this let me know

https://techinfo.toyota.com/

i did find a link i can send you that shows the complete head removal and dissasembly i can send to you ,.let me know .

Mike,

Is there just a simple instructional diagram to remove the head? I will then take the head in to check for warp, cracks, etc. Then a procedure for replacing the head gasket, re-installation of the head, torque procedure, etc.

i sent you the link i have it shows the whole process you can download and print it out the link will be good for a day or 2.

if you have further questions then let me know

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ztktthwillo

mike c

Thanks Mike,

The job will be way to complicated and time consuming for me. I do accept your answer and thank you for your service.

youre welcome.

mike c
mike c