Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

1986 toyota 4runner: automatic transmission..tps problem

Customer Question
1986 toyota 4runner pick up...
1986 toyota 4runner pick up truck 4x4.22re engine automatic transmission.i was told that it had a code 11 and is a tps problem.i have the part and removed the throttle body to install it.cleaned the throttle body and installed the new part.but how do you adjust it.the two small screw's that hold this on are not easy to get to once the throttle body is installed.and there is adjustment and the tps switch will move
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
10/30/2009
Toyota Mechanic: mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician replied 8 years ago
mike c
mike c, toyota master diagnostic technician

hello. you need to adjust with a feeler gauge and an ohmeter.

here is a link to view. if youhave further questions let me know.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/inko2z4dnnn

mike c
mike c
mike c