Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

2002 Toyota Tundra Keyless entry programing instructions

I need a picture of your remote to provide this, there are multiple systems for this year.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How can I get the pic to you?

Upload it here using the insert image link on the tool bar where you are typing, or if you want to post it to another site of your choice such as mediafire then that is fine also, in that case just post the link here.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry I can't load a picture that way. I have it on my camera phone. Is there a phone number I can send the pic to?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
give me a minute maybe I can find another way.
ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Got it,sending in a few minutes
I will be here
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphicgraphic

Ok, this is a genuine "factory" installed unit remote, thank you for taking the time to do that.

I need some details here first, is this a remote that you are adding to our truck and you already have a matching remote that works with the truck here or are you trying to add a remote for the first time?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

add a remote for the first time. I just bought the truck, it didn't have the remote with it, the dealer gave me this remote and said I could re-program it for the 2002 tundra.

Did the dealer verify in the parts computer that this truck has this system factory installed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no they did not.

Ok, I just pulled the manuals I have on file for the Tundra. There actually was NOT a "factory" installed keyless entry on the 2002-2006 model years, they were all dealer or delivery port installed so unless the module was already added to this truck it will NOT program this remote to the truck.

If the system DOES have the module then this is how to program the remote to the truck:

-Driver door OPEN and key out of the ignition

-Insert key into ignition and remove 2 times (do NOT turn the key just insert)

-Close driver door and reopen 2 times

-Insert key in ignition 1 time and remove

-Close and open driver door 2 times again

-insert the key into the ignition and LEave it in, now close the driver door.

-turn the key to the ON position (not start) and then back to ful off position and then remove the key

At this point if the truck DOES have the keyless system then the lights will flash one time and the door locks will cycle one time. If this does not occur then the truck never had the system installed and you cannot program, there is no need to proceed. If it does have it then continue:

-On your remote push and hold BOTH the LOCK and UNLOCk buttons at the same time, hold these 2 buttons for 1-2 seconds, then release these buttons and push the LOCk button one time, the buzzer will chirp one time to confirm programming, then close open and close the door to end progamming mode.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm going to try now, I'll let you know
okay
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It did not work, I looked in the manual I don't think it supports keyless entry. Can this feature be added to a vehicle at a later date?

Yes it can be added at any point. I install these at the dealer all the time. Due to the age of the truck these are not normally stocked so you will need to order one. Considering you just purchased the truck I would talk to your salesman if you were told that this truck does have it, they may cover the cost or a majority of it. It is several hundred dollars to add this.

On a side note are you aware that you still have an unaccepted question from before:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/271dp-change-string-tb539e-trimmer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes,I know I did not accept the question, but I will now. You did answer my question and I now know I have to install the keyless entry. Thanks for your help, have a good night.
You too, thank you.