Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do I recharge the A/C in my 2006 Camry What do I need…

Customer Question
How do I recharge the...
How do I recharge the A/C in my 2006 Camry? What do I need?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/2/2009
Toyota Mechanic: Toyotapro, ASE master tech replied 9 years ago
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech

Hello and thank you for using just answer.

Is this a 4 or 6 cylinder camry?

Do you mind if I ask WHY you need to recharge the system?

It is a 6cylinder 3.0. The system is not cranking out as much cool air as it should! Before i deployed last year i was told that i would need to recharge within a year or so!

Did you check the cabin air filter to be sure that this is not a simple restriction or icing over condition?????

Reason I ask is because the a/c systems on the late model camrys are VERY reliable and do not require recharging unless a leak or damage has occurred. Leaks are VERY rare on this car.

To properly service the system it should be serviced by a qualified shop that has the proper equipment to evacuate/analyze and recharge the system. There are cheap kits available at any auto parts stores that you can simply connect to the low side port under the passenger side of the hood and shoot some freeon into but this is also an easy way to damage or overcharge a system.

Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech