Boxer54
Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
12613057

wheres the fuel pump relay located on Toyota Celica St 19

Customer Question

where's the fuel pump relay located on Toyota Celica St 1989
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 8 years ago.
The fuel pump relay is mounted on the center of the firewall under the hood. It controls fuel pump speed. The circuit opening relay (which turns the fuel pump on/off) is located by the ECU behind the center of the dash.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it would really help if you have the picture of it, I do have the relay called circuit openning relay. what do you mean firewall under the hood?
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 8 years ago.
The firewall is the sheet metal separating the engine compartment from the passenger compartment.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 8 years ago.
I've been looking for a picture, however I am unable to find one . Sorry about that .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have a circuit openning relay on my hand is this the fuel pump relay? if you say yes, im happy and thank you.

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 8 years ago.
The circuit opening relay turns the fuel pump on and off. There is another relay that bypasses current for the fuel pump through a resistor giving the fuel pump a hi/lo speed. Toyota calls the speed control relay the 'fuel pump relay.' Most manufacturers would call the circuit opening relay the fuel pump relay.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much for using Just Answer!