Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How do you change the starter in a 1999 tacoma

Customer Question
how do you change the starter in a 1999 tacoma
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Toyota
9/19/2008
Toyota Mechanic: Toyotapro, ASE master tech replied 9 years ago
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech

Thank you for using just answer. This is a pretty simple starter replacement. Simply disconnect the battery connection, remove the 2 electrical connections from the starter, pull the 2 bolts that hold the starter to the engine and it will fall out. I posted 2 links for you below that I loaded:

DOWNLOAD 1

DOWNLOAD 2

One last thought for you to consider here, I don't see these starters fail very often, usually the contact plates wear out but this does not require starter replacement.

Toyotapro
Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech