Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota corolla: the anti-theft system..master key..fixes

Customer Question
Toyota corolla 2005 the anti-theft...
Toyota corolla 2005 the anti-theft system is preventing the car from starting I have the master key but is not recognized any easy fixes?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Toyota
4/20/2008
Toyota Mechanic: Victor, Toyota Master Technician replied 9 years ago
Victor
Victor, Toyota Master Technician

HiCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer,

Does the car have the factory keyless entry?

Does the security indicator, left of the steering wheel, on the dash, stop blinking?

WFMtoyota

Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

You have an immobilizer system on that car. Do you have any other keys? Does the indicator light flash or go out when you stick the key in the car? Have you had the computer replaced recently?

RXXXXX XXXXX

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

no keyless entry
the security light does not stop blinking,
it blinks like 3 times pause then 2 times over and over.
no immobilizer
no other keys
continues to flash with key in
no work has been done on vehicle
The AutoClub just fixed it..
put the key in and stomped on the gas pedal afew times the the brakes a few times
the security system now is normal, thanks anyway

I am glad you got it going. You better double check because all corollas in 05 came with immobilizer chip keys. If the security light was flashing when you inserted the key there is something going on.

RXXXXX XXXXX

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician