Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

98 camry: california v6- sensor1 bank 1..upstream..o2 sensors used

Customer Question
'98 camry, california v6- sensor1...
'98 camry, california v6- sensor1 bank 1, sensor 2 bank 1, snsor 2 bank 1, sensor 2 bank 2, upstream, downsream, a/f vrs o2. where are these? are both a/f and o2 sensors used on this vehicle? how do I know if I am getting the correct replacement? I think I located 4 sensors on the vehicle. one on each manifold (front and rear) and one on each side of CAT. PCM is throughing an 1150, 1153, 1155, and a 125.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Toyota
10/9/2007
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 10 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Bank one is near the firewall, B1/S1is located in the exhaust manifold near the firewall, bank two is near the radiator, the sensors in the manifolds are A/F ratio sensors, the sensors behind the cat converters are designated as #2 sensors and are O2 sensors. There is only one O2 sensor behind the cat on this model.
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech