Do you need to troubleshoot a SimpleTech problem with your Mac? If you experience problems with one, it could be caused due to a variety of malfunctions. Troubleshooting can help rule out common problems and the possibility that the hard drive may be defective. Users may need help in this area, which they could get from online Experts.
Read below where Experts have answered questions regarding SimpleTech.
What could prevent a new iMac (Mac OS X 10.10.2) from recognizing a SimpleTech external drive?
The best way to figure this out would be to connect it to another computer, Mac or PC, and see if it’s detected there. Then you will know for sure if it’s your Mac or the drive. If you can see it on another computer, then do the following:
- Click Apple icon.
- Select system preferences.
- Select users (or accounts in earlier versions).
- Then click the plus icon (underneath the list of users), and select to make an administration user.
- You can use whatever name you like as long as it is not the same as your current user.
- Then click ok.
- Select the Apple icon and select sign-out.
- Sign into the new account.
If it still does not show up, it could be that the drive is not working. If two Macs cannot detect it, then the drive is dead.
How to get an iMac to recognize a SimpleTech 2 x 2 TB Duo Pro drive as a single one no matter how the RAID switch is positioned?
This is actually normal. You will need to partition the drives and format them so they will show as the two physical drives ready for the RAID 1 file structure.
Here is the link to the manual:
Go to page 13 "Changing RAID Policies" and follow them for your Mac. You will need to follow all Mac steps until you get to "Backup Solutions". Your RAID 1 will work great; the drives just have to be partitioned and formatted (erased) before the RAID 1 will work.
How to move a desktop folder on a Mac OS 10.3 to a Signature Mini when one is not the Administrator?
This cannot be done as you need to have permission or be an Administrator of this computer to actually modify that drive. However, you could try the following steps:
- Go to your Go menu in the Finder.
- Choose Utilities.
- Open Disk Utility.
- If you can't, stop here; it will not work anyway.
- If you can, connect the drive. It should show up on the left side.
- Click on First Aid tab on the right.
- Then, click on Repair Disk. It should allow you.
- When/if it finishes, quit Disk utility.
- Click once on the drive.
- Choose Get Info from the File Menu.
- Turn down the reveal triangle next to Permissions.
- At the bottom of the section, there should be a checkbox for Ignore Permissions on this Drive; if not checked, check it.
If you cannot do anything, you will need an Admin to unlock this info window.
What can be done to recover data that was erased from a 750GB external hard drive attached to Mac and set up as a "Time Machine" backup?
Assuming that you have at least Mac OS X Tiger, you will need to open the Applications folder and then go to Utilities and then go to Disk Utility.
- In the left frame, you will find your external hard drive; click on it.
- In the top of the window, you will see a panel of First Aid, Erase, Partition, RAID, and Restore.
- Go to Erase -> select Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), name the drive, and then (if applicable) check the Install Mac OS 9 Disk Driver.
- Go to Security Options; select Zero Out Data -> OK.
- Then press the Erase button.
After the ‘erase’ is completed, go to the Partition tab at the top.
Under Volume Scheme, select one or more partitions and then press the Partition button.
This should resolve your issue.
What could cause a geometric display on the screen of a PowerBook after plugging in a Signature mini until the computer cools down?
It could be a failing logic board as it was okay after it had cooled down. Video artifacts are another indication of a graphics card failure, which is integrated onto the logic board and cannot be replaced separately.
The SimpleTech external hard drive, though considered a high-capacity external disk, has a few quirks and problems. Users who encounter problems may not know how to resolve them, and they would need the assistance of an Expert. Verified Experts are available 24/7 to offer assistance and answer all the questions users have with regard to SimpleTech.