Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Ask a Lawyer, Get an Answer ASAP!

Sex Discrimination in the Workplace

For most people sex discrimination questions are very common especially in the workplace. When people are faced with questions like that they usually have similar ones as well. Such as, sex discrimination in the workplace. When questions like these occur they can ask Experts online for solutions. Listed below are five of the top Sex Discrimination Questions that have been answered by the Legal Experts.

If a employee has a pending sexual discrimination case pending with the EEOC against a former employer, can the employer be made to present a job reference or letter of recommendation for the employee if needed to gain new employment?

In most situations, an employer cannot be made to give a letter of recommendation or a job reference. The individual can however, explain to the prospective employer the situation and reasoning of why a letter of recommendation or positive job reference cannot be obtained. Although, the individual can ask for a copy of there employment file to confirm their work record to their new employer.

Where can someone get statistics on suits filed on direct and indirect sex discrimination cases, and how many resulted in favor on plaintiff? If their doing research?

The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service also known as (ACAS) can be a better source of information. That organization is practical for dealing with and determining complaints in the UK. That official site offers actual contact information and several of the great research reports as well as information on the gender dissimilarity inflicting rights. There are many instances where the Experts can help provide insight and answers to questions to help aid in research.

Does an employee who wants to sue their Employer for sex discrimination and antitrust retaliation have to first file with the EEOC?

If the employee wishes to sue for sex discrimination they are required to primary file a charge with the EEOC. The charge will not have to be filed with EEOC before filing a lawsuit since antitrust retaliation is not governed by EEOC.

What can someone do if they are a victim of defamation of character or sexual discrimination in the workplace?

If the individual is a victim of sexual discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace, then they need to file a grievance with the state of commission on human and civil rights and the EEOC and they must investigate the claim prior to the individual going on to the court with those accusations. Defamation is an individual that knows of a falsely made statement to a third party concerning that individual. That person is required to provide legal documents that they have experienced some real financial loss, as an effect of the report rather than just emotional damage. When the party provides the legal documents that there was real financial loss, then they can pick up damage to their character and their emotional damage.

If a woman employee has had a cleaning person clean their office but is now told by their manager/supervisor that it’s their job to clean the office even though she is the only female in the workplace and none of the men have been told the same, would this be a form of sexual discrimination?

If the individual’s manager/supervisor is not treating every worker the same and picking on one because of their gender, that could represent sex discrimination. The individual could file a grievance towards their manager/supervisor for sex discrimination with the EEOC also known as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Sex discrimination is a very diverse topic; it can span a lot of questions one after another. Such as, sexual discrimination and sex discrimination in the workplace! Experts can help with fast and effective answers.
Please type your question in the field below

5 verified Employment Lawyers are online now

Employment Lawyers on JustAnswer are verified through an extensive 8-step process including screening of licenses, certifications, education and/or employment. Learn more



Doctoral Degree

8184 positive reviews
Allen M., Esq.

Employment Lawyer

Juris Doctor, Cum Laude

12453 positive reviews


Doctoral Degree

12258 positive reviews
See all Employment Lawyers
JustAnswer in the news:
Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... Justanswer.com.
JustAnswer.com...has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.
Web sites like justanswer.com/legal
...leave nothing to chance.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.