Samsung Galaxy Tab Help and Repair Solutions
How are screen orientation problems on a Samsung Galaxy Tab fixed? Or, need to know what the best way to backup data on a Samsung Galaxy Tab? Getting accurate answers to these types of questions can get your Galaxy Tab back up to speed quickly. The opinions of Experts will give you the guidance you need to have the right repairs done.
A few of the many questions Experts have answered can be found below.
Why is it that a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 can connect to the internet but not access an email account?
Case Details: The email account is at bigpond.com.
To set up Bigpond email account access on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 follow this procedure:
- Enter the bigpond email address and password.
- Click on Manual Setup.
- Enter the following setting under Pop3 Server:
- Incoming Mail – mail.bigpond.com.
- Security Type – SSL.
- Port- 995.
- For Outgoing Mail enter – mail.bigpond.com.
- Security Type- SSL.
- Port – 465.
- Tick on “Require Sign In.”
- Save the settings.
The email account should now be accessible.
How can files, photos, etc., be transferred to the .ext card on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?
This can be done on the device itself. The first step will be to go to Google Play Store and download OI FILE MANAGER. This is a file manager similar to Windows File Manager and once it is installed it can be used to copy and/or move files, pictures, and other data on the device.
What is the fix if a line being typed on a Samsung Galaxy Tab starts to move to other parts of the screen?
Case Details: The screen orientation has been done but this has not helped.
There are two solutions to this problem, depending on the keyboard app being used on the device. The first option is:
- Open the Settings App.
- Choose Applications.
- Choose Manage Applications.
- Tap on the ALL tab at the top of the screen.
- Locate and select the Android Keyboard App.
- Tap on the Clear Data Button. This will not affect the user data saved in the device. It will only clear the data for this App.
- Tap the OK button to confirm the action.
- Hold the Power button down for 20 seconds.
- The alignment should now be reset.
If this process does not work, the second option is to follow the above procedure with this change: Instead of locating and selecting the Android Keyboard App, locate and tap on the Swype Keyboard App. If this also does not work, the last option is to do a hard reset that will cause the loss of all user data that has not been backed up.
What is the right way to do a factory reset on a Samsung Galaxy Tab?
A factory rest will result in that loss off all data stored and apps installed on the device after it was purchased. The first thing to be done is to back up all the data on the device so that it can be reinstalled easily. Once this is done the following procedure should be followed:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- When the Samsung Galaxy Tab logo appears on the screen, release the Power button but continue to press the Volume Down button.
- Two Android icons should now appear. When this happens the Volume Down button can be released.
- Press the Volume Down button again to move the cursor the left.
- Press the Volume Up button to open the menu.
- The Android Systems recovery Menu will open.
- Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to scroll through the menu and find “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power button to select this option.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll and find “Yes – Delete all user data” and press the Power button to select this option.
- When the reset has completed, use the Volume buttons to scroll and find “Reboot system now” and use the Power button to select this option.
The device will be reset to the status it was in when first purchased.
What is the simplest way to back up all the files on a Samsung Galaxy Tab to a computer?
Connect the tab to the computer using a USB cable. Put the tab in to Mass Storage Mode. The tab will now function like an additional drive on the computer and files can be copied from it and pasted where required.
If a Samsung Galaxy Tab intermittently hangs when it is turned on, is there any other solution other than a factory reset?
There is one alternative to a factory reset that may fix the problem. Go to the Recovery menu. Select Wipe Cache Partition. Try to reboot the system. If Wipe Cache Partition is not visible, look for Recovery and select it. Wipe Cache Partition should now be visible. If this procedure does not work then the device will need to be reset. All data should be backed up before the reset is done since this will cause the data on the device to be erased.
What are the best free word processing apps for a Samsung Galaxy Tab?
There are many options available and deciding which is the best will depend on the individual requirements of the user. That being said, Google Docs which will, in general, allow for the creation and editing of .doc files, Excel sheets, etc., is among the more popular of apps in this category.
How do you protect your data if your Samsung Galaxy Tab has to be reset? Why is your email not accessible? These are the kind of problems that can ruin the many benefits of using this kind of device. The insights of Experts will provide you with the right repair solutions for your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Consulting with a verified Expert online will get your device running again in a timely manner.