iWork Related Questions
The iWork comprises Pages for word processing, Numbers for spreadsheets, and Keynote for presentations. Though this is an easy means to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, users could sometimes experience problems which could disrupt their work process. They would need an Expert’s guidance to resolve them, which they could get from the comfort of their homes.
Read below where Experts have answered questions regarding iWork problems.
What is iWork for Mac?
It is the modern replacement for AppleWorks which was discontinued in 2004. It will open all your old AppleWorks files if they were saved with the latest version.
How does the '09 version help?
It gives you everything you need to make impressive documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in minutes.
What is the procedure to remove this completely?
The procedure is as follows:
- Click on the ‘Finder’ icon in the Dock of the Macintosh desktop.
- Click "Macintosh HD" in the Finder window that opens and select the "Applications" folder.
- Locate the iWork application bundle in the Applications folder. Select the iWork application bundle and drag it to the trash. Enter your administrator username and password prompted.
- Type "iWork" in the upper right text box of the Finder window to search for additional files. Drag any files found associated with iWork to the Trash. Repeat the process while entering Pages, Numbers and Keynote into the text box to delete additional files associated with these programs.
- Right-click on the "Trash" icon in the Dock and select "Empty Trash" to delete the application bundle and additional files found. Click "Empty Trash" when prompted to delete the files.
- Once that process is complete, then try to reinstall from the DVD and see what happens.
How to reinstall this from the CD?
After completely removing it from your system, restart your Mac.
- Once you are back at the desktop, reinstall it from the CD.
- Do not try to run the apps yet..
- First, go to http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1097 and download the update.
- Once it is downloaded, open it, and run the installer inside to apply the update.
- Restart your Mac once again, and then try running the applications.
- This should finally get you back up and running.
- If it still does not run, download open, and run the OS X 10.6.8 Combo updater from the following link. Do this as a last resort as it is a fairly large file.
- If Pages, Keynote, and Numbers do not run after the above, then you have a much more severe system issue.
How to install iWork without the serial number, after downloading a trial version?
If your version is ’09, retail boxes no longer come with a serial number.
Retail purchases of Mac OS X 10.4 and new computers - both include a trial version. Because of this, installing a full retail copy is easier than you think. After purchasing this, rather than installing the software from the disc, you could simply open the trial version on your computer. When prompted to buy or try, click the ‘buy’ button and enter the serial number that came with your retail copy. This will unlock the full version; you will no longer be prompted to purchase the software.
You need a serial number to install or purchase this. If you don't have it, you will need to ask the seller for it, or get a replacement box set sent.
How to install this 2009 vintage model?
- Turn on your iMac and insert the iWork cd into it.
- Double click on the box icon labeled "Install iWork;" you will see it on your desktop.
- Click ok, yes, and continue if prompted.
- Follow all the prompts to install it; usually you will need to click continue, next or yes.
- You will then see your iWork icons on the dock.
Working on iWork could be easy and user-friendly; however, there may be times when users would need assistance with regard to installing or reinstalling the software. This type of information could only be received from Experts. Verified Experts are available 24/7 to offer any kind of assistance required by iWork users.