Bluetooth - Cell Phone Problems
Is your Bluetooth headset giving you problems? Or, are you needing help connecting your Bluetooth headphone set to your cell phone? Get the answers you need and can use by posing your questions to Experts.
A few of the many Bluetooth questions that Experts have answered follow.
Why is a Jabra Easygo Bluetooth headset not pairing with a Nokia 108?
The reason for this is that the Bluetooth support on the Nokia 108 is only available for messaging. The phone does not support a headset or hands-free. This phone uses a software platform called Nokia Series 30+ (MediaTek). This platform only supports Nokia Slam (Bluetooth OBEX Push with Simple-Secure Pairing, OPP SSP).
Will a LG HBS 730 Bluetooth headset work with a Samsung SGH-1497 tablet and if so, how is the set up done?
The LG HBS 730 and the Samsung SGH-1497 are compatible and there should not be any problem in pairing them. All that needs to be done is to turn on the Bluetooth headset and open the device list on the tablet. LG HBS should appear. Tap on it and the pairing is complete. The tablet will remember the headset as long as the Bluetooth is enabled and it will come on as soon as the tablet is turned on.
What can be done if the volume of an LG HBS 730 Bluetooth headset connected to a Samsung Galaxy S3 is very low even with both volume controls set to maximum?
There are various reasons for this and multiple solutions will need to be tried to find the right one. The first step is to turn off the S3 and remove the battery. Wait five minutes and reinsert the battery and turn on the phone. If the volume issue is not corrected, the next step will need to be tried. To do this:
- On the phone go to Settings > Wireless and remove the Bluetooth headset and phone pairing.
- Then go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Look under All for Google Services Framework.
- Tap on this and then select Clear Data.
- Turn off and restart the phone.
- Pair the phone and the headset.
If this does not work, the next thing is to reset the headset.
- Press the PWR/END button on the headset for two seconds to turn it on.
- Press the same button again for five seconds. Two short beeps should be heard and the indicator light should flicker red and blue. This indicates that it is in the pairing mode.
- Pair it with the phone. If the beeps are not heard and the light does not turn red, it indicates that the reset has not worked and that there is a fault with the headset. The headset will need to be replaced. If it is under warranty, it should be done free of cost.
What models of Jitterbug Bluetooth headset are compatible with a 2012 Nissan Rogue Bluetooth system?
The Nissan website will list the various Bluetooth headsets compatible with the different vehicle models. Select the Rogue 2012 and click on Search. All the compatible Bluetooth headsets will be shown.
What causes computerized voice alerts “Warning limited security” and “Danger security alert” when a Blackberry 9850 is paired with a Motorola S305 Bluetooth headset?
These messages are alarms from an app installed on the phone or a browser push. To find out what is causing this, a soft reset of the Blackberry will need to be done. To do this the Alt, Right Shift and Delete keys will need to be pressed at the same time. When the phone is restarted all apps should be closed and the alarms should not be activated. The apps can then be started one at a time and when the alarms are heard, that is the app that is causing them.
What is the procedure for pairing a Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth headset to an LG COS 1 phone?
- Turn on the phone’s Bluetooth by selecting Setting / Tools > Connections > Bluetooth > On.
- Turn the headset on by sliding the Power switch towards the microphone.
- Wait for the Status Light to flash red and then blue. If the light does not flash, turn off the headset and turn it on again. Press and hold the Call Control button and the light should start flashing. This indicates that the headset is in pairing mode.
- Set the phone to “discover” the headset. This is done by going to the Setup, Connect, or Bluetooth menu on the phone and selecting the Discover or Add a Device option.
- The Plantronics Bluetooth headset should appear. If a passkey is requested, enter 0000. The status light on the headset should flash blue to indicate the pairing is completed. The phone should also give a message confirming successful pairing.
Problems with Bluetooth connectivity and hardware can limit a phone’s usefulness and functionality. The right way to find solutions to your cell phone Bluetooth headset and other problems is to get your questions answered by Experts. Verified Experts are readily available at your convenience to answer all your questions in a timely manner.