Blackberry Playbook Troubleshooting Questions
Is your Blackberry Playbook not powering up? Are you having problems changing your password? Many of the issues that owners face with the Playbook are things that you can fix yourself. To be able to do this, you need guidance in diagnosing the problem and on the solutions to be applied. The recommendations of verified technical Experts will give you the information and assistance you need.
Here are some questions answered by Experts.
What could prevent a Blackberry Playbook from turning on after being charged?
Try the following actions in the given sequence to determine if it is caused by a software glitch or something more serious.
- Take the device out of its case and use a pen to press the Start button. Keep it pressed for 10 seconds and release. If it does not turn on, go to step 2.
- Press and hold down the Power and both the Volume buttons and keep them pressed for 15 seconds. Release the buttons, wait for 1 minute and press and hold down the red button until the red light flashes at the front of the device. Release the button and wait for 1 minute to see if the device starts. If not, go to the next step.
- Press and hold down the Power button for 30 seconds. Release it for 5 seconds and then press it just once.
If the device will not start after these procedures have been tried, it is unlikely that there is a firmware issue. More possible is that the power supply has shorted out. This is a known issue with the Playbook and if the device is under warranty, it should be replaced free of cost.
How is the password for a Blackberry Playbook changed?
To change the password:
- Swipe down from the top bezel on the Home screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down and select Blackberry ID.
- Select Change Password.
- In the Current Blackberry ID Password field enter the current password.
- In the New Blackberry ID Password and Confirm New Password fields, enter the new password.
- Select Submit to complete the process.
- A confirmation message “You have changed your password” will be displayed.
Is it correct that Skype will not work on a Blackberry Playbook and if so, is there a workaround to enable video calls?
Skype is not compatible with Blackberry devices and cannot be loaded on the Playbook. The alternatives available are:
- Use the Blackberry video call app.
- Skype can be accessed via this website – https://imo.im. Open the browser on the device, go to the site, enter the Skype user name and password, login, search for the contact to be called and choose voice call, video call or chat. Ensure that the camera and microphone on the Playbook are on.
How is a factory reset done on a Blackberry Playbook and will it delete all the data on the device?
A factory reset will delete all the user data and files on the device. Backup up everything to a computer before doing the reset. To do the reset:
- Download the Blackberry Desktop Manager from the Blackberry website to a computer. This will also make backing up the files easier.
- Install the program and reboot the computer.
- Start the program and connect the Playbook to the computer using a USB cable.
- In the program, click on the Help button (a ? mark).
- Move the mouse over Support Resources and click on Support Tools.
- Click on Factory Reset and let the program run.
- Once the reset is complete, copy the backed up data to the device.
What is the best way to completely delete all the user data from a Blackberry Playbook?
A security wipe will delete all the user files on the device. Note that once the wipe is done, the files cannot be retrieved. The procedure is:
- Launch the device Settings menu.
- Select Security.
- Select Secure Wipe.
- In the text field that appears, type Blackberry
- Select Wipe Data.
- The device will then reboot and the Playbook logo will show on the screen while the data is being deleted. This could take several minutes, depending on the amount of data that is being erased.
- Once the wipe is complete, a prompt will appear to start the setup process from scratch.
Is it possible to replace the complex scientific calculator on a Blackberry Playbook with a simple one for basic calculations?
The Playbook has various calculator options. Open the calculator and swipe down. Among the options shown, select Calculator instead of Scientific.
How is an e-book deleted from a Blackberry Playbook?
Open the e-book and tap and hold on it until a submenu appears. Select the Delete option to remove the e-book from the device.
What can be done if a Blackberry Playbook will not turn off?
This can happen if the software hangs for any reason. The solution is to force the device to reboot. To do this, press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. The device will switch off and restart.
How to fix the problem of Hotmail emails not being received on a Blackberry Playbook?
Case Details: Emails can be sent without a problem.
This problem is often due to the server settings being incorrect. Open the email setting and go to Advanced Settings. Find the server address and change it to one of the following: blu-m.hotmail.com, dub-m.hotmail.com, stn-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com, col-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com. If one does not work, try another. If the problem remains, open Email Settings and delete the Hotmail account. Then go to Add Email after entering the email address and password and select Advanced Setup. Select Hotmail and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the setup process.
When your Blackberry Playbook gives you problems, the hassles that are caused can be many. You need to get it working again quickly. Going to a repair shop costs money and the repairs could take days. Before doing this, there are steps you can take to try and fix the problem yourself without wasting time and money. The recommendations of verified electronics Experts will tell you what you should do. Experts are available online, at your convenience, to give you personalized and guided solutions to your problems.