Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Connect one-on-one with {0} who will answer your question

Related Tax Questions
If the S-corp buys the entire shares of one of its
Hi, If the S-corp buys the entire shares of one of its shareholder's shares and pays him with a note payable over 8 years with interest accruing of 3%, should the company issue a form 1099-INT to the … read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Enrolled Agent
Master's Degree
3,960 satisfied customers
Another question “S-corp repurchased the entire shares of
Another question “S-corp repurchased the entire shares of its majority stockholder (55%owner). The company is paying for the repurchase of the shares based on 2 promissory notes over a period of 8 yea… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Enrolled Agent
Master's Degree
3,960 satisfied customers
I am not sure if you're able to see my prior questions but
Hello, I am not sure if you're able to see my prior questions but this is a follow up to questions I asked about 2 weeks ago.We have a complete buyout of a shareholders' interest in an S corporation b… read more
Carter McBride
Carter McBride
LLM
8,024 satisfied customers
What sale structure or suggestions do you recommend to limit
What sale structure or suggestions do you recommend to limit tax liability of a complete buyout of shareholder stocks from an S corporation? Sale price is 1 mil, stock basis are 200k… read more
Lane
Lane
JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Doctoral Degree
21,022 satisfied customers
I have an S-corp client who repurchased stock from his
I have an S-corp client who repurchased stock from his investors. The investors and owner agreed to report the investment to the company initially as a loan in 2016. Repayments on the loan were made i… read more
PDtax
PDtax
Owner
Master's Degree
6,508 satisfied customers
I have an s-corp who repurchased stock from 2 of its
I have an s-corp who repurchased stock from 2 of its investors. how do i report the tax gain on the 1120S tax form and on each investors k-1? … read more
PDtax
PDtax
Owner
Master's Degree
6,508 satisfied customers
One S Corp stockholder wants to gift the other 125 of her
One S Corp stockholder wants to gift the other 125 of her shares, valued at 15,000. Is this compensation to the stockholder receiving the shares & are there any tax ramifications to the stockholder gi… read more
Lev
Lev
Retired
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent
41,353 satisfied customers
An S Corp has 2 stockholder/employees. One owns 80% of the
An S Corp has 2 stockholder/employees. One owns 80% of the outstanding shares, or 1,000 shares & the other owns the remaining 250 shares of the outstanding stock. They want to increase the 20% stockho… read more
PDtax
PDtax
Owner
Master's Degree
6,508 satisfied customers
My company's capital account (S Corp) $750,000. It is in New
It is in New York State. We purchased 24% of our stock from a stockholder at 800,000 as treasury stock. On tax return, the computer tax program does not accept the negative balance of capital amount. How can I solve this problem? The value of $800,000 was calculated as the market value at time of transfer of gift to that stockholder. … read more
Lane
Lane
JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Doctoral Degree
21,022 satisfied customers
I need help understanding the laws of S Corp as it pertains
I need help understanding the laws of S Corp as it pertains to distributions and ownership. I am a minority owner of an S Corp. The majority owner, who is also my friend, is the CEO of the company. I … read more
Lev
Lev
Retired
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent
41,353 satisfied customers
I have a company s corp one owner 60% the other 40% in 2014
I have a company s corp one owner 60% the other 40% in 2014 the accountant took out the partner of 40% and the shares were sold for 170,000. but now they have to start paying out the agreement of the … read more
Lev
Lev
Retired
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent
41,353 satisfied customers
S Corp questions: Sorry, but I have a few. 25% shareholder
S Corp questions: Sorry, but I have a few. 25% shareholder is selling his entire interest in the S Corp. He is selling 70% of his shares to the other shareholders, and the remaining 30% to the S Corp.… read more
Lev
Lev
Retired
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent
41,353 satisfied customers
Our business is an s-corp in Hawaii. There are three share
Our business is an s-corp in Hawaii. There are three share holders. One holds the majority shares and has nothing to do with running the business. He lives out of country and is paid a monthly sum plu… read more
Lane
Lane
JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Doctoral Degree
21,022 satisfied customers
Can an S-Corporation buy back 100% of it's shares from the
Can an S-Corporation buy back 100% of it's shares from the sole shareholder on debt alone (issuing the sole shareholder a promissory note in return)? If the S-Corp can do this, then can it proceed to … read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Enrolled Agent
Master's Degree
3,960 satisfied customers
o, let's say for argument's sake that there are 20,000,000 shares in CompanyA.
o, let's say for argument's sake that there are 20,000,000 shares in CompanyA. And let's say that the CEO owns 10,000,000 shares. Then the company takes a $2 million loan as a company from a private l… read more
socrateaser
socrateaser
1,544 satisfied customers
An S corp has four shareholders. One shareholder purchased
An S corp has four shareholders. One shareholder purchased their stock in the company and paid for the stock with a promissory note, payable to the company; the note is secured by a pledge of the comp… read more
Lev
Lev
Retired
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent
41,353 satisfied customers
Selling shares of stock in S-corp. Subject to Long Term Capital
Selling shares of stock in S-corp. Subject to Long Term Capital Gains (held more than 3 years). Payment is by interest bearing promissory note over 5-year period. Is the Capital Gains calculated at th… read more
Robin D.
Robin D.
Senior Tax Advisor 4
Vocational, Technical or Trade School
23,416 satisfied customers
In December of 2007, our insurance agency merged with another.
In December of 2007, our insurance agency merged with another. We redistributed the stock of our existing company with new stockholders and created a new dba. The valuation of stock is 1.5 times gross… read more
Paul Taliefero
Paul Taliefero
Enrolled Agent
Bachelor Degree
110 satisfied customers
Disclaimer: Information in questions, answers, and other posts on this site ("Posts") comes from individual users, not JustAnswer; JustAnswer is not responsible for Posts. Posts are for general information, are not intended to substitute for informed professional advice (medical, legal, veterinary, financial, etc.), or to establish a professional-client relationship. The site and services are provided "as is" with no warranty or representations by JustAnswer regarding the qualifications of Experts. To see what credentials have been verified by a third-party service, please click on the "Verified" symbol in some Experts' profiles. JustAnswer is not intended or designed for EMERGENCY questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... Justanswer.com.
JustAnswer.com...has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like justanswer.com/legal
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

I really was impressed with the prompt response. Your expert was not only a tax expert, but a people expert!!! Her genuine and caring attitude came across in her response...

T.G.WMatteson, IL

I WON!!! I just wanted you to know that your original answer gave me the courage and confidence to go into yesterday's audit ready to fight.

BonnieChesnee, SC

Great service. Answered my complex tax question in detail and provided a lot of additional useful information for my specific situation.

JohnMinneapolis, MN

Excellent information, very quick reply. The experts really take the time to address your questions, it is well worth the fee, for the peace of mind they can provide you with.

OrvilleHesperia, California

Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help.

Mary C.Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!!

AlexLos Angeles, CA

Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult.

GPHesperia, CA

< Previous | Next >

Meet the Experts:

Wallstreet Esq.

Wallstreet Esq.

Tax Attorney

586 satisfied customers

10 years experience

Mark D

Mark D

Enrolled Agent

1,338 satisfied customers

MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues

Richard

Richard

Tax Attorney

6,039 satisfied customers

29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

PhillipsEsq.

PhillipsEsq.

Attorney-at-Law

838 satisfied customers

B.A., M.B.A, J.D.

Loren

Loren

Attorney

741 satisfied customers

Over 25 years practicing law

Robin D.

Robin D.

Senior Tax Advisor 4

23,416 satisfied customers

15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

Megan C

Megan C

Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

8,667 satisfied customers

Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

< Previous | Next >

Disclaimer: Information in questions, answers, and other posts on this site ("Posts") comes from individual users, not JustAnswer; JustAnswer is not responsible for Posts. Posts are for general information, are not intended to substitute for informed professional advice (medical, legal, veterinary, financial, etc.), or to establish a professional-client relationship. The site and services are provided "as is" with no warranty or representations by JustAnswer regarding the qualifications of Experts. To see what credentials have been verified by a third-party service, please click on the "Verified" symbol in some Experts' profiles. JustAnswer is not intended or designed for EMERGENCY questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals.

Show MoreShow Less

Ask Your Question

x