taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, MA, MST with 31 years' experience. Teach Accounting and Tax courses at Masters level.
74656765

If your adjusted gross income for a single person is between

Customer Question

If your adjusted gross income for a single person is between 150,000 and 160,000 is there a fee to pay to get to that check For the virus 19
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: For the virus 19 no but I am Worried about being scammed
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Worried about being scammed
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 22 days ago.

If you are Single - you do NOT qualify for the stimulus credit when your AGI - adjusted gross income is above $99,000

There is no fee - and you would not be eligible.

Let me know if you need help with verification.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I think I am being scammed
Expert:  Lev replied 22 days ago.

If you PAID - yes - most likely.

If you have not yet paid - do NOT pay for such false promise.

Expert:  taxmanrog replied 18 days ago.

Hi! Different expert here. I am a CPA who has been practicing for over 35 years. I have read the CARE Act, and can answer your question.

Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Please ignore any requests for phone calls (unless you want one) as they are generated by the website, not by me.

Expert:  taxmanrog replied 18 days ago.

The CARE Act, the law that provides the stimulus check, clearly states that the payments are to be made to single taxpayers whose adjusted gross income (AGI) is $75,000 or less. The stimulus check is reduced by 5% for each dollar over $75,000 the taxpayer's AGI is. The stimulus is reduced to zero at $99,000. So if your AGI is over $99,000, you will not receive ANY stimulus payment. There are no fees that are paid to get you a check if your AGI is over this amount. In fact, even if your AGI was lower than $75,000, there is no fee charged to get your stimulus payment. Anyone who is asking for a fee for this is scamming you. Do not pay any fees!

Now, if you have not filed a tax return in the past, and a tax preparer files a return for you so that you can get a stimulus payment, that is legal.

I hope that this answers your question, please feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks! Have a great week!

Expert:  taxmanrog replied 16 days ago.

I have not heard back from you. Did I answer your question? Do you have any more?