How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6320
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2019 tax filing is now due to be filed by 7/15 even if you

This answer was rated:

2019 tax filing is now due to be filed by 7/15 even if you owe or are getting a return.
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: My next point. 2016 which was due 4/15 with a return needs to be by 4/15/20. Is it extended?
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No1

Hi. My name is Eva and I will be happy to help you.

What do you mean? Are you trying to amend your 2016 to claim a refund?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No! I must do them.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No! I must do the 2016 returns.

So you have not filed yet. Your due date is still 4/15/2020.

emc011075 and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
ok! 2016 still due 4/15/2020.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
now with the library closed i need to find forms.

Yes. Only filing deadlines for 2019 returns had been extended to 07/15/2020 and you need to check with your state if they extended the deadline as well.

You can download all forms from the IRS website here:

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I an trying to get forms sent to me asap. But I don't have a printer available. Who should I be contacting and do you have a # to contact them ? I need federal 1040, schedule A for deductions, and 8583. I think that is right. It's the one for donations.
I also need NJ forms.

For the IRS forms, you can call 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676)

For NJ forms: 609-826-4400 or 1-800-323-4400