How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DK_CPA Your Own Question
DK_CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1887
Experience:  Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
DK_CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Form 1065 - income/loss from real estate rental property. My

This answer was rated:

Form 1065 - income/loss from real estate rental property. My software asks if I want to treat income/loss in self employement calcualtion. When would I want to do that?

Hi. My name is Dan and I will be happy to assist you.

The only time rental income would be subject to SE tax is it you were running a bed and breakfast or something like that. Otherwise, the rental income is not subject to SE tax.

DK_CPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok, that helps. Thank you! I tried reading through all the 1065 instructions but it was SO long.

You're welcome.