How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14942
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just filed federal form, i am retired federal employee and I

This answer was rated:

Just filed federal form, i am retired federal employee and I don''t pay state income tax, but do i need to send the state any forms
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

PLEASE NOTE: Offers of phone calls are site generated as a courtesy to our customers, not a requirement. We can continue chatting here.


Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Barbara, and I will be happy to assist you.


If you have no taxable income for your state, you do not file a state return.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you ��

My pleasure.


Please take a moment to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.


Thank you, be healthy, and stay safe!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great answer--straight to the point. Got it! Thank you--I have been paying those guys 28 to 50 dollars every year to forward my state form on to Kanas! No more.

You're welcome!

Barbara and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you