ALEX O
ALEX O,
Experience:  Founding Partner at O&G Tax and Accounting Services, LLC
107172832

What form should I use to report individual income that

Hello, What form should I use to report individual income that comes from out of the country?

Hello, my name is Alex, a licensed CPA. Happy to help you get this resolved.

I'm reviewing your question now…

P/S: You may see a window requesting expert call; this is automatically generated by the system...and not by me

Was it wage or income from self employment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its from a company from abroad that they receive money here in the U.S
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
she is a resident of Miami, and was told she needed to report all income from around the world but she doesn't know what form to file, which she said should be the 1040 and the FBAR?

Generally, you report your foreign income where you normally report your U.S. income on your tax return.

Earned income (wages) is reported on line 7 of Form 1040; interest and dividend income is reported on Schedule B; income from rental properties is reported on Schedule E, etc

Yes , a US person reports worldwide income , both domestic and international

Below is a requirement for filing FBAR

Who Must File the FBAR? A United States person that has a financial interest in or signature authority over foreign financial accounts must file an FBAR if the aggregate value of the foreign financial accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you. :)

Thanks