How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13895
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking for non profit organization lawyer. Michigan.

This answer was rated:

I'm looking for non profit organization lawyer
JA: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a vise president and I do find raising bingo events. Our charity is tax exempt organization and we use those funds for charity needs. Sometimes I spend my personal money and then get reimbursed by the charity by check
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sometimes I use my own funds for charity spending and then the charity reimburses me back by check. My question is would those reinforcements be taxable in my own personal taxes that i file.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Barbara, and I will be happy to assist you.


The reimbursements to you are not taxable income because they are return of your own money that you have spent.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you !

My pleasure.


Please take a moment to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.


Thank you!

Barbara and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you