Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Are charitable contributions deductible in 2019? 2019. Are

Are charitable contributions deductible in 2019?
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: 2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Are Sales taxes deductible and where is the schedule to find out the amount?

Hello, my name is Steve G. My goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Yes. Charitable contributions remain deductible for 2019 as long as you are able to itemize deductions.

Sales taxes are still deductible with a couple of modifications. The total of your tax deductions (for real estate, excise taxes, state income taxes, and sales tax can not exceed $10,000., and again are deductible as long as you are able to itemize deductions.

As far as what amount of sales tax you are allowed, the IRS has a new method for you to determine the potential deduction. Here's a link to the Sales Tax Calculator:

https://apps.irs.gov/app/stdc/stdc.html?_cancel

Keep in mind that the total of all combined deductible taxes is $10,000., so if you already are over that total with your other taxes, there's no point in going through the sales computation.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You have answered my questions.

Great, thanks for using JustAnswer.com

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response, (see the stars at the top of the page), as that is the only way the SITE will credit me with assisting you. There's never a charge for providing a rating for me, which will also stop reminder emails from the SITE which I can't control.

Thanks very much,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You have answered my questions. I have completed my tax return.

If you can't locate the stars to click on a rating, I'll send a note to Customer Service and they will credit me for assisting you.

Thanks again,