Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Carter McBride
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
My dad passed in 2017 from dementia. Unfortunately he didn't
Lev
Lev, Retired
My dad passed in 2017 from dementia. Unfortunately he didn't file 2015 or 2016 taxes. i (son) have prepared 2015 taxes and printed to submit. His wife can sign - can I sign with power of attorney on h… read more
My wife is the sole surviving heir, and my mother in law is
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial & Tax Consultant
My wife is the sole surviving heir, and my mother in law is due a refund. We have not need to initiate probable and receive letters of testamentary here in WA state. Can we simply file a form 1310 and… read more
My mother passed in 2015. I represent her estate. I want to
Lev
Lev, Retired
My mother passed in 2015. I represent her estate. I want to file a 2015 Massachusetts tax return claim for her for the circuit breaker credit. Can I do so and what form would I use?… read more
I filed my deceased father's 2015 Tax Return sometime in
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Principal
I filed my deceased father's 2015 Tax Return sometime in early 2016. There was a refund but I never followed up because I was handling other estate matters, I am the executrix. I cannot get a person o… read more
I am filing taxes for my deceased mother, my brother is
Lev
Lev, Retired
I am filing taxes for my deceased mother, my brother is named as the executor, and a lawyer will be filing taxes for her trust. Do I need to include 1031 form when filing her taxes with my brothers in… read more
I have a complicated question about missed RMDs. My mother
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have a complicated question about missed RMDs. My mother had 2 IRAs when she died in 2014. I did not know they were IRAs or that I needed to take RMDs until 2016. I took 3 withdrawals in 2016 into a… read more
In 2015, all I had to do was to submit the Marketplace form
Rick Martin
Rick Martin, MBA
In 2015, all I had to do was to submit the Marketplace form 1095-A with my income tax filing. This year, I did the same thing, but the IRS sent me a letter saying they needed Form 8962 completed and s… read more
My mother died in 2015. I immediately opened up probate and
Stephen G.
My mother died in 2015. I immediately opened up probate and sent two credit cards notice. Neither of them made a claim. I recently received a 1099-C for one of the credit cards for 2016. I filed an in… read more
My mother passed away in august 2016 do I need to have her
PDtax
PDtax, Owner
my mother passed away in august 2016 do I need to have her taxes done? … read more
I am the executor in a non-probated estate of my Mother. I
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant
I am the executor in a non-probated estate of my Mother. I and my two brothers the only individuals listed in Mom's will. Sometime before Mom's death she requested I become second signer on her only b… read more
My Mother Passed on last year. She has $572.00 owed to her
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
My Mother Passed on last year. She has $572.00 owed to her estate in federal tax. The estate needs the money to help pay off the funeral cost. As her son, do I need to submit any anything else other t… read more
My mother died in September of 2015. I have received two notices
Lev
Lev, Retired
My mother died in September of 2015. I have received two notices from the IRS: 1. Her 2013 & 2014 tax returns need to be filed; 2. She owes for 2015. My mother didn't have any estate to speak of. We p… read more
I have a client that passed away on 1/17/16. The 2015 return
Stephen G.
I have a client that passed away on 1/17/16. The 2015 return indicates a refund for IRS and an amount owed for NYS. Should i indicate the date of death as being in 2016 on the 2015 return, file a 1310… read more
My mom passed away July 2015. I am the court appointed
Richard, Tax Attorney
My mom passed away July 2015. I am the court appointed personal representative for her estate. I have just completed her form 1040 (personal return of the deceased) and it shows a refund due of about … read more
My son lived in Oregon, but died in 2015. How do I handle s
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Principal
My son lived in Oregon, but died in 2015. How do I handle his tax filing. I have his W2 form. If there is a refund due on federal and state, how do I receive it?… read more
My father passed away in 2013. My mother predeceased him I
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Principal
My father passed away in 2013. My mother predeceased him I am appointed personal representative in his will which I filed last year. He would have been entitle to a refund. I hired an attorney to prob… read more
I received my deceased moms tax form back. I had an accountant
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
I received my deceased mom's tax form back. I had an accountant do it. I was told ill out a 1310 form needed to be filled out.. I filled out the form claiming it. I lived with her. I check the correct… read more
I am completing my mothers tax return. She passed away on
JKCPA
JKCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I am completing my mother's tax return. She passed away on 12/31/10. I have an Order to Disburse or Transfer Assets from the Circuit Judge in my home town. The Order states that my mother's bank accou… read more