Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was wondering does a G4 Visa holder pay foreign investment…

Hi. I was wondering...

Hi. I was wondering does a G4 Visa holder pay foreign investment taxes when buying a house?

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

The house property in question will be the primary residence and is worth less than $300,000

6/22/2018
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome. I am reviewing your question and will respond soon. Fiona Chen, CPA, MPA, Ph.D., ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA, Former IRS Revenue Agent

Dear Customer,

If the G4 visa holder purchases a primary residence, I cannot see why s/he needs to pay investment tax at this time. It is not an investment at this point. S/he also is not making profit.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen