Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

In 2016 I filed my returns from NJ. I did not take my RMD of…

Customer Question
In 2016 I filed...

In 2016 I filed my returns from NJ. I did not take my RMD of $1500. I now live in Virginia Beach, VA. Where do I send/mail RMD form 5923

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

I would like to ask for forgiveness of penalty. Also nothing else needs to be amended

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
6/1/2018
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Form 5923 has to be filed with a return, 1040 or 1040X. Are you amending your 2016 return?

No

Ok. So the IRS asked you to mail it form to them? You cannot just file the form. It has to go with a return.

Were you required to file your 2016 return?

Please cancel the phone call request

I cannot do that I have to contact customer service, which means this question will be locked for some time. Do you want to continue here?

I am not satisfied with response

I did not give you any response yet, I was still asking questions. But let me contact customer service.