Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Filed state tax Apr 2 have yet to get my refund from wv tax…

Customer Question
Filed state tax Apr...

Filed state tax Apr 2 have yet to get my refund from wv tax department have tried to get in touch with them and so far unable to do so

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is the refund for?

2017

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
6/1/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. My response will be provided to you in the next thread.

--------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

Have you tried using the online Where's My Refund tool? If not, you can access the tool at the following link.

https://mytaxes.wvtax.gov/_/#1

---------------------------

In closing, if you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I have tried that approach already I can't even talk to someone they put you on hold

If you have checked the Where's My Refund tool, the only other way to check on your refund is to keep trying to calling them until you get a live person.

What was the response from the Where's My Refund tool?

Got a letter from tax department wv witholdig creit claimed on your income tax return has been corrected to agree wirh the information availabled to the state tax departmentif you have documentation to support your claim pleae submit it to reviewrepotedwas 478.00 adjusted to 239'00 782.00 repoted 543.00 adjusted what do we do from our side senior citizens done our tax returns

Well, based on what you have written, you can do one of two things, provide documentation to support your claim or agree with the tax department's findings. Respectfully, ***** *****'t matter who prepared the tax return. If you have substantiating documentation to prove your claim, great, if not, then you will need to pay the amount they are stating that you owe as a result of their correction.