Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a cp2000 from 2016 unreported ebay income. I've…

Customer Question
I received a cp2000...

I received a cp2000 from 2016 unreported ebay income. I've completely filled out a 1040 schedule c. Now what do I do?

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year are you filing for?

2016

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Tax
6/1/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 22 days ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I will provide my response to you in the next thread.

------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

You will need to amend the 2016 tax return and include the ebay income on the Schedule C. Use the Form 1040X to amend the tax return.

Link to Form 1040X/instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

-------------------------

In closing, if you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
We filed through Turbotax. Can we use the same software to amend?

Sorry for the delayed response. I was away from the computer. Yes, you can use Turbo Tax to amend the return.