Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a tax question regarding IRS review of my return. Ct.

I have a tax...

I have a tax question regarding IRS review of my return.

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ct.

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted them after the 60 day review period and they said they needed more time.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said they are missing documents on there side.

The letter was a 4464c from Integrity and Verification Operation. The missing document is a w2 from my former employer and a 1099 for 21 dollars in interest from a bank account. Is there anything I need to do at this point, there has been no further contact from them.Thx..
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I will provide my response to you in the next thread.

-------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

At this point, there really is nothing that you need to do, however, as they have had more than 60 days, I would call them up again and ask them what the delay is and ask them to make their final determination.

---------------------------

This is not the same as a proper examination or audit, it's a review. If it escalates to an examination, you'll be contacted by IRS to say what's next - that usually involves providing additional documentation. It may be that you need to call in a tax professional to assist you at that point.

If you have not received a refund or any information about the delay (including a letter 4464c), you may want to try calling IRS directly at 1.***-***-****. Be sure to have information about your tax return handy and check the date that your return was filed: you should not call before 21 days have passed since you filed the return.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/20/still-looking-for-your-tax-refund-errors-4464c-letters-and-other-explanations/#2ea9ca7b5e52

----------------------------

In closing, if you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I believe they cannot make a determination due to my former employer either not sending my w2 to the IRS or the IRS losing it. It does not show up on the Wage and Income transcript. Should I call them and have it resent?

If that is the case, my suggestion would be to contact the employer and ask that they resend a copy of the W2 to the IRS for the year in question.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant