Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have an IRA in a mutual fund with American Funds and

Customer Question
I have an IRA...

I have an IRA in a mutual fund with American Funds and another separate account. Withdrew $15,000 and advised to do that with the IRA account. Should I put that back and use other account.? Am retired now by taking that amount out will I have to pay taxes. I don't work and was wondering also if there is a certain amount not to go over so I would have to pay taxes. Hope you understand this

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

No I don't know who to call. They are financial and different terms that I do not understand

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

Probably but I don't remember

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 21 days ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

Q Withdrew $15,000 and advised to do that with the IRA account. Should I put that back and use other account.?

A: You are able to return or "rollover," distributions from an IRA within 60 days from the date of distribution, once a year. If you do not rollover the $15,000 then the $15,000 would be added to your ordinary income and pay taxes at your ordinary income tax bracket.

The payment system can be tricky. Please try the payment again, if you would like to speak on the phone.