Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How can i find out if my account filed an extension or

Customer Question
How can i find...

How can i find out if my account filed an extension or not--I gave permission about april 10- since than I am not able to get in touch with him for the past 12 days i have sent phone & email messages.

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

Can you help me also with the phone for the IRS?

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is this for?

I would appreciate your help?

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

It is for 2017

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/31/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hey! I'm Carter I'm a CPA and can help.
You can use the IRS Get Transcript portal available here:
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
After setting up an account get your 2018 Account Transcript and it will say am extension is filed if one was filed.
Let me know if you need anything else. If not please leave a rating. Thanks!