Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I owe the IRS and was told by my accountant that my 1st

Customer Question
Second opinion] I owe the...
Second opinion] I owe the IRS and was told by my accountant that my 1st payment is due 5/15 & that I would get a statement from IRS. I didn't I would like to pay the full amount but do not know where to send my payment. Can u help me pleaseJA: Which tax year is this for?Customer: 2017JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?Customer: Not really thanks!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 2 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

You have a few options to make payments and review your account balance with the IRS.

Fist option is to create an account online, log in, review your account balances and make a direct payment. Below is a link to access your personal account online.

https://www.irs.gov/payments

___

If you prefer not to pay online then you may call the IRS or mail in the payment.

The phone number to speak with an IRS agent to review your account is 1-***-***-****. The hold time may be lengthy so do be prepared.

____

If you choose to mail your tax payment:

• Make your check, money order or cashier's check payable to U.S. Treasury.
  • Do not use staples or paper clips to affix your payment to your voucher or return.
  • Make sure your check or money order includes the following information:
    • Your name and address
    • Daytime phone number
    • Social Security number (the SSN shown first if it's a joint return) or employer identification number
    • Tax year
    • Related tax form or notice number
  • Mail your payment to the address listed on the notice or instructions,

The exact mailing address will be dependent on the state you live in.

If you do choose to mail the payment, please let me know the state you reside in and I will assist you. I have also placed a link below to IRS.Gov where you can access the address for mailing payments.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/where-to-send-your-individual-tax-account-balance-due-payments

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions please take a moment to accept the answer so I am credited for my work. A positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!