Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I file my taxes via Turbo. it has been rejected 5 times

Customer Question
I file my taxes...

I file my taxes via Turbo. it has been rejected 5 times because it say's the birthday is ***** i selected the option that its correct. i have even talked to them and they said that the problem is with the IRS. I Tried them with no success. HELP

Accountant's Assistant: Are you using TurboTax online? Or software installed on your computer?

Online

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Tax
5/30/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 24 days ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
thank you

You should go ahead and mail your return. Your return will continue to get rejected until the mismatch is fixed at the SSA, which can take at 4–6 weeks or even longer. The IRS gets their information about birth dates from the SSA.

Your next step is to call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-***-***-**** to verify that the SSA's records are correct. (The IRS gets their information from the SSA.)

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I thought this was supposed to be $5

That is a deposit. If you have any questions about billing you will need to speak with Customer Support.