Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My wife and I was suppose to file jointly cause for the

Customer Question
OK thank you,my wife...

OK thank you,my wife and I was suppose to file jointly cause for the marketplace insurance thing .well she say that she forgot to and she went and file like she's always have ,what should I do,I began a week ago to get them filed but she told me to late

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

No I don't know what to do who call or anything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/30/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If your spouse has already filed as Married Filing Separate then you need to go ahead and file your return. You will use the Married filing separate status as well If you were covered by the marketplace insurance then you just need to mark that you were covered all year.