Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We got a continuous levy on our credit card processor. does…

Customer Question
We got a continuous...

We got a continuous levy on our credit card processor. does that mean they will take the charges every day or what does it mean. This is the wisconsin dept of rev

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

No, the owner of the business just died, so we are trying to get the business straightened out

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/30/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I will provide my response to you in the next thread.

----------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

I know that this matter references the state of Wisconsin, however, it appears that their levy program falls in line with the IRS levy program. While it does not specifically state that funds will be levied on a daily basis, the IRS definition of a continuous levy is as follows;

----------------------------------

The levy is continuous until your overdue taxes are paid in full, or other arrangements are made to satisfy the debt.

-----------------------------------

My thought is yes, they will take funds daily until the debt is satisfied, or other arrangements have been made.

Still typing...

What is the State Income Tax Levy Program?

The Internal Revenue Code authorizes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to collect federal tax liabilities by levying on property and rights to property of taxpayers who refuse to pay their liabilities. The State Income Tax Levy Program (SITLP) is an automated levy program administered by the IRS that uses state tax refunds as the levy source.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/ise-sitlp.aspx

-----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

does that mean, the money will automatically be taken, or do they have to levy the account every day

My understanding is that since the continuous levy is in place, they can take the money everyday without taking any further action.

My suggestion is that if you want a definitive answer on that, call the Wisconsin DOR. They should be able to clarify how the continuous levy works.