Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I send some tax related documents to IL via post on 27th…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl I send...

Hi Pearl I send some tax related documents to IL via post on 27th April. How can I know whether the post was received or not

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

Yes, in fact I verified in irs.com and it said that no refunds are pending to process

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is the refund for?

My tax consultant told me to talk to help desk directly

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

I just want to know whether my post has been received or not? If received how long it takes to process the returns, if not, what is the next step

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 22 days ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

It generally takes 4 weeks after you mailed your return to be able to see any information in the Where's my refund page of the IRS.gov site.

Unless you sent by registered mail you will have no way to know if the IRS received your information except by the Where's My Refund.

If no info shows this week you will want to mail your return again and use registered mail.