Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I got some W2c for FICA taxes refund (since I'm not

Customer Question
I got some W2c...

I got some W2c for FICA taxes refund (since I'm not resident). What will happen to my Social Security score?

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is the refund for?

2014/2015/2016

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Tax
5/29/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 21 days ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Any credit you would have earned by that tax withholding is not counted now. YOU would not be eligible for the earnings to count for SSA benefits in the future.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
sorry not very clear. I payed FICA taxes for those years, I asked and I got the refund for them (in fact I received several W2-c forms). But in my Social Security report I still see those years as contributing to my Social Security score. Why? Are they supposed to "disappear" from contributing years or are they going to last?

It may take some time but they will be corrected in the report.

A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited