Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am having a problem with a tax return I prepared for an…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a problem with a tax return I prepared for an elderly women. I completed the return and submitted for E-filing . H&R Block sent a message that the return was accepted with a number 55500. as of yet she has not received her refund, Please advise me what to do

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I used her Email [email protected] yahoo.com but she has not been receiveing mail with it

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 20 days ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 19 days ago

Have you assisted the woman with the IRS Where's My Refund tool yet?

I would check there first to make certain that the IRS has the return and is processing.

The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, although some require additional time.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Hi

Checking back to see if you used the IRS tool and to see if you responded yet about your findings.